I would have to say that my favorite character would be Jessica from the Running Dream. In the begining if this story Jessica is in love with running she doesn't think there is anything else to life but running. That's all she has ever done and she is great at it, she loves the wind in her hair and the feeling of accomplishing something. When she gets in the accident that causes her to loose her foot she becomes close to Rosa who has a disability of her own. Rosa's disability is so servere that she will never be able to walk again and has to be pushed around in a wheel chair. Jessica learns that there is more to life than running. She has a big heart and it shows when she is able to run again and decides to run a really long race pushing Rosa's wheel chair. She has tremendous strength and a very large heart by the end of the story.
I think I related to the character in such a strong way because I have never had anything that bad happen to me in life and to read how much this girl had struggled showed me how great I have it and how so many other people are fighting for their lives every day. It is sad for me to think about and it was relate able.
Nice job Ashley!
ReplyDelete