Sunday, March 3, 2013



1.     One of my favorite books is Switched because I think that the main character, Wendy, is very strong and I like this kind of genre which is Fantasy.  When I read I feel like I am the main character and this main character is strong and she is very special, she is a princess of trolls and has the strongest powers of them all.
2.     I like to read Realistic fiction, Science Fiction, and Fantasy
3.     I currently am reading The Lions of Little Rock. This book is in 1958 when blacks and whites were not allowed to be in the same school. Before Liz came to school Marlee never spoke. Not to her teachers or classmates, everyone except her mom, dad, and sister. Then came Liz, she stood up to the popular people and talked to Marlee. She heard Marlee never talked and tried to get Marlee to work with her on a project that she would present in front of class, every day they would go to the zoo and talk to the animals so that she could get over her fear. The day of the presentation Liz was not there,  Marlee had a choice to do the presentation by herself or just hand in the project in writing because of Liz she presented all by herself. She later learned that Liz was black and she tried to pass as white, people didn’t notice at first but then they did and she got kicked out of school. Everything is falling apart for Marlee her first best friend just got kicked out of school her sister had to move away with her grandma because the high school was closed because of blacks. Now she wants to try to fix it, if only she knew how.
Ashley R

No comments:

Post a Comment